Help with Interfaith
Rivermont's Interfaith Homeless Network (Family Promise) HOST WEEK begins Sunday, September 6 and ends on Sunday, September 13. Please check the sign up board for opportunities to help with this ministry as we open the Blue House to 2 families with children, who are in the process of transitioning from homelessness to a permanent, stable, home environment. We have opportunities for young and old alike - would you be willing to:
- Help prepare the Blue House for the families arrival (make beds, etc.) (time TBD).
- Help prepare part of evening meal and dine with the families( 5:00 - 7:00 pm).
- Dine with the families and help children with homework, read books, play a game, watch a movie (6:00 - 8:30 pm).
- Spend the night, getting everyone settled in and up the following morning (8:30 pm - 7:00 am).
- Driving the IHN van from Rivermont to the Interfaith office on one of the following days: Sun, 09/06, Mon 09/07, Sat, 09/12 or Sun, 09/13.
Toria Williams, John Guffey, Jan Varnell or Jack Dodd is available each evening to unlock, welcome the families and get the evening off to a smooth start. They will gladly answer your questions if you have never volunteered before or stop by the sign up table and pick up more information. It is a blessing to be a blessing to others! Please volunteer and see how your "gift of time" can encourage these families!